Keri Washington looks Gorgeous on the cover of The Edit!


Photographed in all white by Bjorn Ioos, Kerry Washington looks amazing. She sat down with Net-A-Porter's The Edit magazine to give them deets on Scandal's it girl Olivia Pope.

Here's a snippet from the interview:
Every Thursday evening during Scandal season, millions of us tune in not just to watch Olivia Pope do battle with her White House enemies, but to Twitter, to read actress Kerry Washington’s live tweets of each show. Those in the know also hang on to every word of @DKNY, the account of Aliza Licht, Senior Vice President of Global Communications for Donna Karan and DKNY, who tweets her reactions during every episode to her 500,000+ followers. So what happened when The EDIT took it offline and invited the two to meet during New York Fashion Week? Over to Licht…
“Don’t ever ask me to make dinner plans on a Thursday, because I will decline. You see, on Thursday nights, millions of Scandal fans sit on a virtual couch together and wait with bated breath to see what Olivia Pope – the Washington DC crisis manager portrayed by Kerry Washington, 38 – has in store for us. Using #TGIT, we know that if we don’t watch an episode live, then we better run and hide from social media.
“To me, OLIVIA is like family, and with family, it doesn’t matter if you LIKE them, you love them no matter WHAT”
Which is why, on the morning of the recent Donna Karan FW15 runway show, instead of doing my last-minute prep, I found myself sitting in the restaurant of New York’s Mandarin Oriental hotel, waiting for Washington to arrive. As a ‘gladiator’ – the pet name that Olivia Pope gives her employees and Scandal gives its fans – I couldn’t wait to chat…”
AL: Now that you have established this huge presence in social media, do you feel like you can’t make plans on Thursdays?
KW: Oh yes, I have no social life on a Thursday! Every Thursday within three weeks of my [daughter Isabelle’s] due date, I loaded up pre-tweets based on the episodes and what I would want to say.

You can read the rest of the interview here. In the meantime check out this spread.





No comments:

Post a Comment