Floyd Mayweather remains undefeated at 48-0! Beats Manny Pacquiao


Over the weekend in a star-studded, MGM Grand Garden Arena, Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao by unanimous vote. Omg one of Mayweather's most boring fights to date and I'm team Mayweather. Can you say HIGHLY OVERRATED????? I promised myself that I just can't watch anymore after this one. I mean I don't know about y'all but I need blood, I need knockouts and all I get is RUN FOREST RUN when I watch this man fight.


Granted I know that this is his style of fighting and I understand that his main objective is to WIN and not entertain but still! I will give the man his credit and respect though for holding his title down!!! Congrats to him!


ESPN on the fight:

Judge Dave Moretti scored the fight 118-110, and judges Glenn Feldman and Burt Clements both had it 116-112. ESPN.com also had it 116-112 for Mayweather, who remains undefeated at 48-0.


The massively hyped fight, more than five years in the making, became a global event. While it was not the drama-filled battle many had hoped for, it was an impressive performance from Mayweather, the master boxer, who never allowed the more powerful Pacquiao to deliver any truly big punches as he pulled away in the second half of the fight.

Mayweather, who had many harsh words for Pacquiao over the years before the fight was finally signed in February, was gracious in victory.

"He's a hell of a fighter. I take my hat off to Manny Pacquiao," Mayweather said. "Now I see why he's one of the guys at the pinnacle."

There was so much on the line for the fighters, as Mayweather, already a five-division champion, laid claim to Pacquiao's 147-pound world title (in addition to the two he already owned at welterweight) and left no doubt as to the identity of the No.1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Mayweather, already the highest-paid athlete in the world in recent years, is expected to earn an estimated $180 million from the fight and Pacquiao around $120 million.

Money aside, the competitive juices still flowed through both. Mayweather had said before the fight, "I never wanted to win a fight so bad in my life."




No comments:

Post a Comment