Lifetime Presents: Whitney


The highly anticipated biopic "Whitney", directed by Angela Bassett, premiered on Lifetime over the weekend.
First of all let me just say that Deborah Cox slayeddddddd the vocals!!!She did not disappoint at all!
Unlike that crap of  an Aaliyah movie, it was refreshing to hear Whitney's original music!!! Let's be real the music is almost the most important element to any biopic about a musical artist aside from the artist. Deborah Cox nailed it. ♫ I'm Your Baby Tonight! #yessss I had to rewind that!!! 

The casting was much better too. Yaya did ok. I wasn't mad at her at all. For some reason something, about the guy playing Bobby Brown, was off too me. I don't know what it was but umm yeah lol 
Anyway another thing I noticed is it kind of felt like the movie was more about Bobby and Whitney was his costar. Not really sure what that was about but again the movie was much better [in MY opinion] than that trainwreck Aaliyah movie. What did you think?


You can check out the movie in its entirety below.

Bonus- Bobby Brown: Remembering Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment